‘Experiencing the festival both as a Local Jury Member and Host Family gets everyone involved’
This year Adelaide International Youth Film Festival (AIYFF) has an exciting new way to get everyone involved with the festival by becoming a Local Youth Jury Member and Host Family.
Our Invited Jury Members come from around the world and across Australia many of whom have never visited Adelaide before. We’re searching for local Adelaide households to welcome these creative youths into their homes by becoming an AIYFF Host Family for 2018. As a Host Family you’ll be directly involved with the festival by providing a comfortable family setting and attending many of the exclusive after party events.
Each family will also select up to 2 family members (under 25) to become part of our Local Youth Jury. These lucky people will attend all the festival screenings, exclusive panel discussions, Q&As and the award night as well as joining in on all the fun-filled activities with their Invited Jury Member throughout the five day festival. They’ll get to discuss and debate their ideas within the jury which will help choose the final winning films awarded on closing night.
AS A HOST FAMILY:
- Provide a comfortable friendly homestay for one Invited Jury Member between Tues 21st August till Mon 27th August 2018
- Provide access to all household amenities during their 1 week stay (All meals, hot water, single bed, access to wi-fi etc)
- Be available to attend a Orientation Evening on a week night 2 weeks prior to Jury Member arrival
- All persons living in the home over the age of 18 during the homestay will be required to obtain a National Police Check (PD267) prior to hosting. This can be a pervious check gained through employment/ volunteering organisation. AIYFF will cover the cost of each new NPC application under the Volunteer VOAN program.
- Experience new and exciting cultures from different parts of Australia and the world all while making new life-long friendships
AS A LOCAL JURY MEMBER:
- Have the Ultimate Festival Experience with your new friend as you explore the festival together as VIP Youth Jurors
- Full access to all the hand-picked screenings, discussions, debates and exclusive Q&As with filmmakers and actors
- Be available Wed 22nd till Sun 26th to attend all AIYFF VIP events (Times are TBC but will be roughly 9:30AM – 3PM daily with some late night feature screenings running till 7PM)
- Discuss and debate short films with a group of like-minded creatives in a friendly fun atmosphere
To become a Local Jury Member and Host Family simply fill in your details below. Once reviewed our Youth Jury Coordinator will contact you by phone regarding a home interview, here they’ll answer any questions you might have regarding the program. If you have any questions regarding this online form please contact us by email at email@example.com
If this online form is not working you can try the direct link by clicking here